Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Fat Chick's Fantasy....


....is to find some sassy clothing w/o having to pay an arm, leg, foot, breast & cheek. I know there are some places around like Target that can be a one stop shop, but sometimes I get tired of going to what we sometimes call "tarjay" to make it sound like some chic boutique.

Thanks to the Young, Fat & Fabulous blog, I was able to find out about a few more places that cater to us women in the plus sized world! Besides a few I'd heard of like Torrid, I think I fell in love with city chic, which starts its clothing at a size 14. Yes, there are a few things that are pricey, but if you catch the sales, you can walk away with some nice clothes for a reasonable price! Another thing I love about the site, they make you feel small when you're purchasing the items from them. XS (14), S (16) M (18) L (20) XL (22). Now c'mon, what woman who is used to buying XL & up clothing would get a kick out of getting a M/L and when it comes, knowing it fits with no problem?!?

There are also places like Frederick's of Hollywood that my old soul knows about that is FOREVER having sales on lingerie, but they also have clothing as well. I know the first thing that came to mind for me when I saw they had clothing: "I don't want to buy clothes that are going to make me look like a hooker" and when I got to the site and checked out their plus sized clothes, I was actually shocked. They have pretty decent clothing.....

I have been online all day looking at the different sites and seeing how much people are charging for up to date fashions and I'd have to say so far the worst, most expensive for little of nothing is Bloomingdale's. Right now I'm semi-bashing them, but I'm sure if I blow up one day and have money to blow, I'll be rocking the Lauren by Ralph Lauren polo dresses and all :o)

Anywho, I just wanted to blog about the fashion for us big girls, I mean we do need love too. Right?!?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment