Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Sin....is just that, a sin

My name is Lauren and I'm a sinner.

I have a 2 year old son and I had him out of wedlock, which has caused me to be a single mother.....do I have to deal with people looking down on me for the sin I've committed? NO!

Ever since Chic-fil-a's head honcho announced that they're anti-gay, I've been unhappy with the way that so many Christians have responded.

I hate the fact that many "religious" people who claim they have a relationship with God wants to be the first to cast the first stone and look down on gays. Where in the Bible does it say that being gay is the worst sin out of the MANY sins we as humans commit daily??

............................I'll wait, and once you find where it does, PLEASE contact me.............................

Exactly my point. Nowhere in the Bible does it state that.

In another country, I could be shunned for being a single mother, having tattoos on my body, piercings and not being married and deciding to raise my son alone.

The point I'm getting at. Those of us who identify ourselves as Christians need to HELP those that have strayed from the path of the righteous. Lead them in the right direction, lead them to salvation. These are the last days and the LAST thing we want/need as Christians is to have God let us know one of our purposes was to help someone come to him, and we failed. We want to hear "Well done my good & faithful servant", don't we?!

I know I do. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God".....NOBODY is perfect BUT Him.

Christian. Christ like. Would He turn somebody away or would He help them?

I just get so frustrated with the thought of people wanting/needing help, but nobody helps them.

I know I'm not perfect, but if I find the opportunity to minister to someone and invite them to church, believe me. I do so. 

Put it in perspective....think of it this way:
You have a flat tire, you don't know how to change a tire. Phone is dead so you can't call AAA. You're not in your hometown so you don't know anybody. You're going to hope that someone comes along to help you or points you in the right direction so you can get everything fixed, correct??

That's what we need to do for those who are not as close to God as we are. Let our voices be heard. Minister. Invite them to church. Make them feel welcomed. 

So many people wonder why Christianity is one of the few religions that people despise......overall I feel like we do more to push people away rather than HELPING, HEALING and CONSOLING the lost. 

I'm stepping off of my soapbox now. Feel free to comment. The soapbox is now free.

xo.
Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment