Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Guess Who's Back?!?


It's ME snitches!!

I've been gone for a few....celebrating birthdays and such :)
I'm 23 now, whoo hoo!!

Anywho, before I get started I wanted to tell you three things I learned while celebrating my birthday down in Atlanta....

1. Before a celebrity asks you if you want a drink, and they do something you want to do, take the opportunity to network......
2. Floyd Mayweather is ignorant
3. Don't regret anything you've done, especially where people don't know you!

(I will take the time to explain each of these!!)

So with the first lesson I learned, as I stated before, we (we being my girls and I) went to Atlanta to celebrate my 23rd birthday! That Thursday night, we went to this awesome club called Opera, and we were in VIP--since my friend knew a promoter & it was my birthday celebration too! When we first got there, of course the first stop was the bar. Everybody got their drinks then as we're standing there, I feel somebody tap me with a little force on my back. I thought it was one of my girls, but none of them said they'd done it. So then this handsome man starts laughing and says "It was me".....I initially had no clue who he was, then my friend whispered to me that he was Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. (If anybody reads this & they don't know me, my dream job is to be an on-air radio personality) He bought us a round of patron shots & then me and my girls thanked him & walked away. STUPIDEST thing I could've ever done.....the next day, I woke up, with a sore knee *hahaha, I fell later that night in Opera* but I was beating myself in the head asking myself why I didn't take the chance to network....I'm still beating myself in the head as a matter of fact. So as I'd stated before, when you meet somebody in your field, NETWORK first, drink later :)

I think the second lesson is self explanatory.....Floyd was having a party at one of the clubs down in the A and he claimed he was supposed to be throwing out $40,000. (We went, but didn't stick around to see him or his money, club was TOO hood) But as he was on the radio, he just made no sense and sounded like a complete fool. Ugh, money just doesn't fix some things with some people huh?!? Shame!

Third lesson, is something we should all know. While this may sound like I'm kind of contradicting myself from lesson 1, it's true. The past is the past, and we only live once. I mean I know a handful of people down in ATL, so if I'd wanted to get buck nasty, I would've done so and not regretted it at all because it's MY life & I do as I please.......counted my lucky stars and kept it moving!

I loved it there but really missed my son too! Happy to have his bright toothless smile back in my life :o) Hopefully, he'll get to experience the things I've experienced when he gets older because I can say I've done a lot and I'm proud of it!

Well, that's all for right now!
xo*

No comments:

Post a Comment