Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

what is love??








LoVE

As defined on Wikipedia:
Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment

Love is also a virtue representing all of human kindnesscompassion, and affection; and "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another"

Definition from Merriam-Webster:
(1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties  (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests



As it nears Valentine's Day, and me being almost 25 years old, I'm starting to believe love is a privilege. You can't just love anybody. There has to be a special bond, a connection. I also know there is a difference between loving someone and being IN love. 

I'm IN love with my son. I love my life. I will one day be IN love with a man. I love men.....I'm IN love with God.....get the picture?!? I often wonder what makes someone fall IN love, rather than just loving somebody. I've had men tell me they love me....but never been IN love with me. It's aggravating to hear that over and over again. 

At the end of the day though, I realize God has it all under control.  So as annoyed as I may get, I realize in due time everything will be under control :)


So tell me, what's your definition of love??

No comments:

Post a Comment