Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tomorrow, a new journey begins

Beginning tomorrow, I will be on a weight loss journey for 8 weeks.

There is a contest going on at work, which begins tomorrow 3/5 and ends 4/28, if I'm not mistaken. There are 2 teams from my particular office that are participating. My team, the Waist Watchers, and the managers group. 

There are a total of 9 of us on our team. All females, all of us feel as though we need to shed some pounds. 



When I stepped on the scale Thursday, I realized I wasn't as much as I thought I was, but I could still benefit from losing almost 40 lbs. My weight, 236.8. I have no shame in telling how much I weigh because when the end of this is up, I'm going to tell you all my weight then and hopefully it'll be 200 or less. 

I'm going to give up bread for the first week of this change, which will be my biggest struggle. I'll be joining a gym. Thinking about making it the Y because they have an area for kids. I know this will not only be beneficial for me but also for Myles as well. Even though he's only 2, there are times where I'll just allow him to have a happy meal from a fast food place and he's satisfied. No he's not one of these 2 year olds we see on talk shows that's 50-60 lbs, and I want it to stay that way.

I will admit, today I planned on being a super fat kid and just eating everything fattening in sight.  It's 1:35 pm EST and what have I indulged in?? Hot tea with lemon and honey. Some fat kid I am huh?!? 

Hopefully, this journey won't just be for 8 weeks, it'll be something that will allow me to continue, and joining the gym will be very beneficial as well. I'll be keeping a food journal and we have to weigh in every Tuesday with our weight. I'm really excited for this journey, but I do realize that a change is a MAJOR part of this. Not only change but self control and also the willpower to continue on and be a team player. NO cheating, NO slacking.

April 30, I will give you all my new weight. Hoping & praying I don't let myself down OR you all that actually take the time to read the blog!!

Happy Sunday!!

BTW, UNC beat Dukie by 18 points yesterday!! Hence my CAROLINA blue font color :)

No comments:

Post a Comment