Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ms. Mfn's Corner


Dear Ms. Mfn,

I have a good friend who I met in college and she's been adopted as my sister from another mister who just stays ashy. Yet, I know that she does some grimy things to her so called "friends". It's never happened to me, but with this new guy I'm sort of talking to she's hinted that he's cute. She's really into black guys and recently I'd gotten an e-mail from one of her best friends stating that she'd slept with her now ex boyfriend.

I decided to stay out of their business, but I did keep that in the back of my mind. Also, she went on a vacation with a few of our other girlfriends last year and they came back telling me some crazy stories of things she'd done while they were down there. Again, I stayed out of it, but the acts stayed in the back of my mind.....I'm just really concerned that she's going to go after this guy I'm talking to now. She's already sent him a request to be his friend on Facebook and I just put a picture up of us. That sort of really sent off a red flag to me!!!

What should I do?!?

Thanks,
Confused on the definition of a Loyal Friend

Dear Confused on the definition of a Loyal Friend,

Let me first school you on LOYALTY. The definition of loyalty is being “faithful to one's oath, commitments or obligations.” We all misconstrue and assume that all of our friends have to be loyal to us, when in actuality the only person they have to be loyal to is themselves. So with this harsh fact, you must know that this so called friend of yours is NOT LOYAL TO YOU! It's called being realistic. Welcome to realism.

With this found new realism, it sounds like your friend's only true interest in life is something that belongs to the opposite sex; a penis. She has history of not being loyal to her best friend, so why assume she'd bare you any slack? Especially since you stated that she already commented on the fact that he's handsome? Here is what you do in your new realistic world …

  1. Tell him to NOT accept her friend request. If he likes you enough, then he will listen.
  2. If you and her are really friends, tell her do NOT send him a friend request. There is no reason for them to communicate. At all.
  3. And if the friend request is already sent, and he already accepted it, tell him to delete her.

And it is as simple as 1, 2, 3.

Life is an experience. Learn from it.

Ms. Mfn {that's MUFFIN to you}

No comments:

Post a Comment